Just heard that Ben is still HAMA positive. The treatment team in NYC met yesterday to discuss what to do next but we don’t know what the plan is yet.
It’s also time for scans… so hopefully we’ll be able to get that scheduled here in Denver since there’s no foreseeable trip to NYC coming up.
It’s all up in the air. Will keep you posted.
You wouldn’t BELIEVE what’s been going on here. Unfortunately, I cannot share it with you… yet! But be warned. It’s gonna blow your socks off. Or make you nauseous. Or make you laugh ’til you pee your pants. Trust me, something will happen to you on an emotional/physical level. I guarantee it. 🙂
I can, however, share with you some news about Ben. He is still HAMA positive, which means that we have not made any new trips to NYC since August. His oncologist has stated that he’s feeling positive about the fact that Ben has received nine rounds of antibody therapy. He thinks that waiting to see if Ben’s HAMA comes down on its own is no cause for alarm. Waiting for anything in the world of cancer is usually a bad idea since cancer – especially neuroblastoma – can usually find something nefarious to do when given any amount of idle time.
We’ll know more about Ben’s HAMA and next steps in treatment this coming Wednesday.
Other updates: Kids are taking karate, PopPop came for a visit over fall break, Ben has gained a few more pounds (yay!), and both are doing well in school (Madeline is a spelling dynamo and Ben reads like a maniac!).
I can’t say that things are perfect around here but we’re making adjustments and learning to get through each day.
I promise to write more soon. Stay tuned.